General Fred Ibingira was born in 1964 in exile in Uganda.
He was educated and completed Ordinary Level.
Gen Fred Ibingira has held various military appointments with the following as his main career highlights:
• He was commissioned in 1987;
• In 1987, Platoon Commander;
• In 1988, Company Commander;
• In 1989, OPTO 21 BN;
• During the war of liberation; he served as Deputy Battalion Commander Task Force A in 1990;
• In 1991, Commander 7 Battalion;
• In 1991, Battalion Commander A Mobile Force;
• In 1992, Deputy Operational Commander, Mutara Sector;
• In 1993, Operation CO 157 Mobile Force and Vice President RPA Court Martial;
• In 1994, Bde Commander 301;
• In 1998, Bde Commander 402 Bde;
• From 2003 to 2010, Division Commander 1Div., a post he held until he was appointed Reserve Force Chief of Staff;
Gen Ibingira is a recipient of the National Liberation Medal, Campaign against Genocide medal, Foreign Campaign Medal, Presidential Inauguration Medal, Command Service Ribbon, Combat Action Ribbon and the Community Service Ribbon.
Gen Ibingira is married to Marie Claire Munganyinka with whom he has three children.