Maj Gen Jerome NGENDAHIMANA is the Deputy Reserve Force Chief of Staff.
He is the first Deputy Chief of Staff of Reserve Force after Rwanda Defence Force adopted a new structure including the Reserve Force.
Maj Gen Jerome NGENDAHlMANA was bom in 1960. ln 1979, he was admitted to the Royal Military Academy in Brussels where he graduated in Human and Military Sciences.
He attended State University of Liege (Belgium) where he received a BA Degree in Criminology.
He is also a graduate of the Royal Gendarmerie Academy in Brussels. He was commissioned in 1986. He is also a graduate of Rwanda Military Academy at Nyakinama (2004).
Maj Gen NGENDAHIMANA has held various military appointments with the following as his main career highlights:
- From 1986 to 1994, he served in various capacities: Platoon Commander, Company Commander, Battalion Commander both in Gendarmerie and in Army, Deputy Chief of Operations (J3) and the Commandant of Gendarmerie, General Headquarters.
- From 1997 to 2003, he was member of FDLR rebel group where he served respectively as J5, J2, Division Commander and Deputy Chief of Staff.
- ln 2003, Maj Gen NGENDAHIMANA decided to abandon the rebellion and returned in Rwanda.
- ln 2004, Maj Gen NGENDAHIMANA was reintegrated in the Rwanda Defence Force and appointed as Intelligence and Security Advisor to the Çhief of Defence Staff, a post he held until he became Deputy Reserve Force Chief of Staff on 22nd April 2010.
- ln 2006, he served as Chief of Strategic Staff during Peace Support Operation Exercise that was organized at regional level (ECCAS) in Cameroon and codenamed Exercise "SAWA 6".
- From 2006 to 2007, along with his military duties, he served as the Vice-President of the National Independent Commission Investigating the Role of France in the Genocide against the Tutsi.
- ln 2009, he served as the Deputy Commander of the Joint Operation FARDC-RDF codenamed "UMOJA WETU".
Maj Gen NGENDAHIMANA holds the Presidential Inauguration Medal and Community Service Ribbon.
He is married to Anne Marie MUSABYEMUNGU with whom he has five children.